Thursday, April 2, 2009

Good ol' Staple - Veggie Burger Bento

Some nights I don't have leftovers and I rely on a couple of staples to fill my bento for the next day. One reliable staple is the Veggie Burger: it's quick, I like the taste of it cold, it's protein, and it's low in points. I have actually been quite impressed with myself on how nutritionally balanced I've been keeping my bentos (at least I think I have...there's protein, dairy, and veggies...that's good, right?). Today's bento comes to 4.5 points:

This bento contains (clockwise from the top left):
1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese (1 point)
cucumber flowers (0 points)
Morningstar Mushroom Lover's Veggie Burger (3 points)
1/4 cup edamame (.5 points)
8 cherry tomatoes (0 points)
1/2 tbsp ketchup underneath the edamame (0 points)

No comments: