Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bento Backlog

I have been making bentos everyday, I just haven't had time lately to post them. So over the next few days I will be posting them with recipes. There has been a somewhat major in Weight Watchers lately -- they introduced the Momentum plan. I guess a lot of people expressed confusion over some of the changes, but I personally like them. You can now track your hunger signals, before and after you eat. I appreciate this because by forcing me to pay attention to how full I'm feeling has helped me know when to stop eating.

I am also enjoying their 'filling foods' list. This is a list of foods that are more likely to fill you up and keep you full for awhile. Now, before I go shopping for the week, I plan my snacks around filling foods. This has kept me from eating things like the Hershey 100 calorie bars as snacks. There's nothing wrong with those bars, but I never really feel satisfied after eating them. The filling foods have really helped me stay on plan.

So, without further ado, here is the first in my bento backlog:



Contents of Breakfast Bento:

2 Fruit-Filled Breakfast Wontons (2 points)
1 cup grapes (1 point)

I am loving these breakfast wontons. They are so easy to make and very nice bento additions. The recipe is from Weight Watchers, but you can easily adapt it and put anything you want inside it. I don't want to post the recipe here because I'm sure there are some copyright issues with doing that. But if you know how to make wontons anyway, all you do is put a teaspoon or so of a couple ingredients (raisins & walnuts, cream cheese & cherry preserves, etc...). Seal up the wonton and boil it for about 1 minute. Then put them on a baking sheet, sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon and bake at 400 F for 6-8 minutes until golden brown and crispy. They keep for about 3-4 days in the fridge. So I make about 8 or 10 on Sunday for my breakfasts during the week.

2 comments:

Pixi Rae said...

Can you use frozen wonton wrappers?

If you wouldn't mind, could you post what mixture you like best to put inside?

ebundri said...

I haven't tried frozen wrappers...I would assume that if you thaw them they would work.

I like to put a couple of golden raisins and a few walnut pieces in them. It's not much, but it's actually filling as long as it's paired with something else. :) Cream cheese and cherry preserves is really good too, but can get a little messy.